Current Employment Openings
Full Charge Bookkeeper (Part Time) Position Description
The Mentoring Center (TMC) is currently recruiting for a Full Charge Bookkeeper.
This is a part time position with a minimum of 25 hours per week.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is under the direct supervision of the Operations Director and work is reviewed by the Finance Director (consultant). The position is responsible for the day to day bookkeeping activities, full-cycle including data entry, reconciliation, receivable and payable using QuickBooks desktop.
POSITION SUMMARY (partial job description)
- Post manually bi-monthly payroll from Paychex in QuickBooks with determined allocation.
- Process accounts payable and receivable on a weekly basis. Ensure right coding for expenses and donors.
- Reconcile and allocate credit card transaction expenses in QuickBooks.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank statements, line of credit, and investment account.
- Reconcile general ledger and allocate program expenses and other allocations on a monthly basis.
- Make bank deposits and post them in QuickBooks according to donors.
- Prepare invoices for Fiscal Agent and other clients, when requested.
- Post quarterly expenses in the City of Oakland data system (CitiSpan).
- Assist Operations and Finance Directors and Executive Director by providing general office support.
- Other duties as assigned.