Current Employment Openings
Youth Center Coordinators for West Oakland Youth Center
The Mentoring Center is seeking to fill two positions for Youth Center Coordinators for the West Oakland Youth Center (WOYC). The Youth Center Coordinators will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the WOYC facility.
- Provide access to the WOYC for daily programs and events
- Monitor and support events and meeting
- Maintain the Event/Rental Calendar
- Communicate with Public Works and other city departments re: building maintenance and repairs
- Respond to requests for events
- Correspond regarding requests for partnerships, ongoing or extended use of space, etc.
- Perform other administrative duties, as required
Youth Transformative Case Manager/Life Coach
This position includes the provision of case-management, life coaching and support services to girls and young women referred to The Mentoring Center through Oakland Unite and The Mentoring Center’s EMERGE Academy.
- Provide case management, life coaching, mentoring and advocacy to youth referred to the program by the Transition Center and other referral sources;
- Provide assessments and service planning for youth;
- Provide gender-specific case management for girls/young women referred to TMC through Oakland Unite;
- Provide gender-specific program and case management support to girls/young women enrolled in the EMERGE Academy;
- Provide support to family of youth;
- Provide client referrals to community service providers;